Thursday, December 12, 2013

Driving Mrs. Estelle :)

My Grandmother Estelle is one of the most endearing people a person could ever meet. People who know her rather intimately know that I am almost a duplicate of her :) Now, some family members might proclaim I am carbon copy but I am going to plead the fifth :) 
This thanksgiving, I was able to spend precious time with her and my Grandfather. I got to see true love in action. My Gma got to come home from the nursing home for several days while we were there. Every night and early morn, my Gpa would help her walk to the potty. The cuteness in it is they were both in their depends and would tell each other how much they loved one another; a love that has last for more than 63 years. 
One of the special moments we had together was a trip just her and I out to Wal-Mart. It was a trip flooded with beautiful memories of old and new. As a lil girl & even up into my teen yrs before I learned to drive :) my Gma and I would go for drives to visit family members, to stores, & garage sales. She informed me that it was her first time to this particular Super Wal-mart due to her unsteadiness through the yrs. It was like seeing things for the first time being with her there. We cut up and people watched, gathered more Christmas decorations for her room at the nursing home, and then looked at her fave; jewelry :) Our Plan was to go and decorate her room on the way home but then our jailers called :) The family thought had run off like Thelma & Louise; the thought crossed my mind ;) 
Life is such a precious gift! The memories created with our loved ones last a lifetime. If that was the last time I ever saw my Gma face to face; I would be ok . One, because she would be home in Heaven & two, because she would be reunited w/ loved ones from long ago. On the flip side, I hope this is not the end because I'm not done reminiscing, listening to stories, and creating new stories. Who knows, maybe we will get the chance to have our own rendition of "Thelma & Louise" after all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment