Thursday, December 5, 2013

My son..the Cyborg Part II


Tuesday was spent with a day gull of pre-op appts and then we ended with an afternoon of trains, a letter to Santa & a cup of tea from Aric's fave tea place Teavana.
 
Wednesday the 4th was the big day...we reported to the hospital @11am and were takin to holding around noon. Aric was then rolled back at 12:56pm full of silly juice. I received a phone call at 2pm to inform me that the first incision was made @ 1:37pm and the rib Graf removed. Dr. Genecov came out around 4pm and informed us all went well. He took the cartilage that was saved and then had to scrape some more but just a small section. He was able to project the ear out to the correct angle etc. so around 440pm we were called back to recovery upon whr I learned someone some where dropped the ball. The recovery nurse informed me she had just given Aric loritab elixir orally to which I replied "oh no, this is not gonna be good". Unfortunately, I scared her but I explained to her that with our experience last time I had informed everyone in the medical staff previous to him going in not to give him loritab on an empty stomach because w/ the last surgery we had a puke scene from poltergeist not once but several times. So sure enough, after 2 hrs Aric began throwing up...delaying our transfer to the actual floor til 7pm where he continued to retch. I joked with the recovery nurses that I was gonna duck tape a note to his chest next time but after last nights experience I may be doing it literally ;) he stopped vomiting about 1030 due to the phenergan (anti-nausea) being introduced to the IV. Our nurses on the floor thus far have truly been a God send. Thank you everyone for your prayers and blessings...with God all things are possible :)
Here are some post-op onion head photos :)
 Btw Ryan (the bear) was able to accompany him through the whole surgery :) 



No comments:

Post a Comment